REISummit

Tom Peter's Reimagine Summit group blog, December 2004

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Food for Thought

REI Summit--the title can't even come close to how impactful the experience was. This gathering of people, all passionate about work and about how to engage others to bring that same passion to the workplace, was beyond WOW! Tom Peters' food for thought and energized presentation--remember 26 minutes-- fueled and nourished an already well-fed group full of their own ideas about how to turn the world on its head to build passion and profit in the world of business.
The Summit embodied the leadership principles that Tom espouses--it walked the talk and it rocked. It was all about people, connection, engaging hearts and minds, setting and reigniting fires within to enable each and every one of us to let go of the old and LEAP into the new to achieve results of which we never dreamed. Imagine--or Reimagine that!
Looking forward and moving ahead--Pam Brill

3 Comments:

At December 14, 2004 at 11:06 AM, Blogger Dave Holland said...

Since I can't post (Halley please add my email to the list) I will comment.

What a week-end. I felt like a guitar string that was hearing my note over and over again. I vibrated with enthusiasm, not just from Tom's rants, but from all of you. The dinners were unbelievable. Certainly a week-end I'll remember for years to come.

So what are you going to do?

On Friday, I'm re-organizing my Applications Department around the PSF model. Effective January 1, they will have no managers. I will consider all of them consultants (Personal Service Firms). I've got an idea of what I want to tell them on Friday. What are your suggestions?

 
At December 14, 2004 at 3:09 PM, Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

I'm still high as a kite this week. How do you explain to co-workers what we experiened in Manchester? It was powerful and meaningful and fun. Thanks to all of you for sharing your ideas and baring your souls. I am tremendously inspired by all of you (and by Tom, too - of course!). A few things that made REISummit so great and so unique: positivity and openness. I don't think there was a cynic within 100 miles of the joint. Our collective positive vibes would have repelled any cynic who dared come close to us. It's one thing to be impressed; it's another to be inspired. Thanks & stay in touch!! ~Skip

 
At December 16, 2004 at 11:03 AM, Blogger Patricia Tucker said...

The Army three are still going hee, hee, hee! We knew we were crazy but it was reassuring to find it is a good crazy and to affirm that we are doing exactly what we should be doing--break all the rules, smile, and look innocent while making radical change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home