REISummit

Tom Peter's Reimagine Summit group blog, December 2004

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Toast to 2005

Fellow REI Summitistas, help me! I returned from the Summit only to plummet due to a mountain of "to do's" and am only now just emerging. Where's a girl's "to don't" list when she needs it??? The barbarians have been at the gate, trying their best to drag me back into their nightmare from the dream of the Summit. Until now, their to do's had prevented me from blogging. Only my Blog Or Die sign posted in techicolors on my wall has gotten me through and has warded the worst of them off for fear that my newfound craziness is contagious.

Tom is right! Infection is the answer. I am starting at that most exciting of events: the Annual Meeting. There I intend to unveil my new outrageous plan which is simply to want to keep working, radical, huh? Apparently... This will be the first speech in 7 years where we didn't talk about "the numbers" but instead talk about passion, having fun and maybe even about a quest! Assume that burning at the stake is an appropriate punishment for this departure. What's a poor CEO to do?

I hope my courage holds out and that to do's don't bury me from actually doing something in 2005. My NY Resolution for 2005 - to dream!! Happy Holidays to all of you and may your dreams be in Technicolor and Surround Sound in 2005!!

2 Comments:

At December 31, 2004 at 3:38 PM, Blogger willisv said...

Susan,

Remember all the folks from the summit and you will keep your courage! I commend you for putting some emphasis on passion, fun and a quest! Everything is contagious,the good and the bad, so keep being radical and someone is bound to catch that virus!

Valarie

 
At October 2, 2005 at 3:42 AM, Blogger Online Incomes said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a very cheap plane ticket
It deals mostly with very cheap plane ticket plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home