REISummit

Tom Peter's Reimagine Summit group blog, December 2004

Monday, December 13, 2004

Apparently water wasn't their only problem

Yep, the "quantifying water" comment was mine and if anyone wants to use it feel free. BTW - If you have a chance to pick up the new BusinessWeek and read the cover story, you'll see that apparently "water" wasn't their only problem.

Regarding the Summit - WOW! what a great event. It was wonderful meeting everyone, hearing their POV, listening to Tom and coming away with so many new ways of looking at things that my brain feels like it's fizzing. Thanks everyone for the inspiration.

As I was going back through my notes from Saturday morning one really random thought hit me regarding Tom's point about China opening a new factory every 26 minutes. If workers are gaining technical knowledge by working in a western owned factory for four or five years and then taking it to a domestic one (instead of good old fashioned technology theft), are we really just engaged in a huge national economic apprenticeship program? Am I the only one thinking this way?

Once again thanks and I look forward to keeping up with everyone.

1 Comments:

At December 17, 2004 at 8:46 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I'll bite... what does "Quantifying Water" mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home